Hello, beautiful people! How is everyone doing today? The sun is shining, the bf is working on his latest script, and I’ve been moving through a massive to-do list like a bawss.
But guess what?! Today is FRIDAY, so that means pizza party time! And with today being National Pizza Party Day (yes, that is a thing! The third Friday of every May. Google it.), what better way to share my first recipe post than with a pizza?
I’m normally one to make my own food (scroll through my Instagram feed, and you’ll see), so the typical from-scratch recipes will definitely be my focus. However, I wasn’t feeling that great last night and needed something easy to whip up. I recently heard about this incredible company, Cauli’flour Foods, that makes cauliflower pizza crust! How cool?! Since being diagnosed with a gluten allergy last year, I really have been missing pizza a lot. It’s one of those foods that just takes you back to childhood, you know? I’m also never one to ignore a craving too, so when the pizza cravings hit hard last night, I had to give this crust a go!
Now, I’m not vegan (ya girl loves a good burger, not sorry ’bout it), but they do make plant-based cauliflower crusts, and that just so happened to be the one I had on hand, so I went with it! I topped it with some almond milk cream cheese, sliced organic beefsteak tomatoes, and basil, and paired it with some roasted veggies, protein, and avocado on the side to balance it all out. Best part was, it was all done within 25 minutes. YEP. THAT’S IT. Check it out below, and let me know what you think! Happy Pizza Friday, friends!
Vegan Cauliflower Pizza
- 1 Cauli’flour Foods pizza crust
- 1/2 container Kite Hill almond milk chive cream cheese
- 1 beefsteak tomato
- Handful of basil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Follow directions on pizza crust box for cooking crust. I left mine in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- While the crust is cooking, slice beefsteak tomato thin and wash basil.
- Remove crust after 10 minutes and let rest for 5 minutes. Then top with cream cheese, tomatoes, and basil.
- Place back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy!