How is it already the last week of June? Didn’t we just celebrate New Year’s? This year is seriously flying by! But 2017, you’ve been a good one so far. Let’s keep those vibes high.
Want to know a fun fact? My amazing friend, Sage, once told me that spirulina and quinoa are two high-vibrational foods. Yep, food has energies beyond the c-word, my friends (and by c-word, I mean calories). According to the Ancient Greeks, eating foods close to the ground helped to move our bodies towards a higher consciousness. By raising our vibrations, we also start to feel better because we’re living in our purest form: love.
I know, I know, I’m sounding a little out there, but since starting my meditation journey back in April, I feel like I’m finally starting shift my vibes higher and be who I really am supposed to be. This journey that we call life is starting to get a little less scary, and a lot more fun.
And what could be more fun than eating quinoa first thing in the morning?! Alright, I’m sure a lot of you are thinking, “Gee, Britt, let me think…a lot of things!” but before you poo-poo it, hear me out. This quinoa porridge is legit.
Oh, yeah. I’m about it. It’s basically oats, but in a different form! Throw on your favorite toppings, and you’ve got yourself a high vibin’ bowl of goodness, all before you start the day. Now that’s a win in my book.
Check the recipe below, and let me know what you think!
- ¼ cup organic quinoa, uncooked and rinsed
- ¾ cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp organic vanilla extract
- Favorite Toppings (I love any berries, figs, bananas, cacao nibs, chia seeds, hemp seeds, nut butters, the list goes on!)
- Heat a saucepan on the stove and lightly toast the raw quinoa seeds until they start popping (this helps to get that toasty flavor!).
- Pour milk into small pot and add toasted quinoa, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Cook according to directions of quinoa package.
- Once cooked (about 20 minutes), transfer to a bowl and top with your favorite toppings. Add more almond milk if you’d like. Enjoy!