Who else is loving this short week? I know I am! Waking up yesterday and realizing that there were only three (now two!) days until the weekend felt like waking up on Christmas…okay not quite, but almost!
But then I realized there’s only two days until the weekend, which means two days until we move into our new apartment (still in the good ole ‘burg, actually still in the same building, just upgrading), which means I better start packing!
And for someone who is normally a neat freak, I’m realizing I’ve accumulated much more stuff than I know what to do with. As you know, these past few months have been quite a whirlwind, a good one, but certainly one that has knocked me off my feet a little, so I’m looking at this move as a way to really hit the refresh button! With all of the changes going on, it’s helpful to clear out some of the extra junk that I just don’t need anymore.
But getting rid of lots of unwanted stuff calls for allllllll of the super powers I can get! Enter in the Super Duper Blooby Smoothie Bowl (yes, I said blooby. I’m making it a word. Deal with it.). Man, oh man, is this just what I need right now!
To start, I threw in some zucchini, some spinach, some strawbs, and lots of blueberries. Then I added in some maca, spirulina, Salba Chia ground chia seeds, and Further Food collagen, blended it all up, and was pleasantly surprised at this first go-round!
Not too sweet, but just enough to hide the spirulina taste (I love spirulina, but I’m going to be honest- it tastes like the bottom of a murky ocean), and enough fuel to actually keep me full.
But what’s a bowl without some healthy PHATS?! Some people add in the nut butter when they blend, but I like to stir it in so it’s like a swirled ice cream consistency 😉 Also topped it with some Artisana Organics coconut butter (a.k.a. the OG magic shell) and the usual suspects, and called it a day!
How’s that for super duper?
Happy Thursday, beautiful humans! Stay golden and blooby.
Super Duper Blooby Smoothie Bowl
- ½ zucchini, steamed then frozen
- ½ cup spinach, fresh
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 packet ground Salba Chia seeds
- 1 scoop Further Food collagen (use code BANANADIARIES10 for a 10% discount)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp spirulina
- Filtered water for consistency
- Desired toppings (I recommend any nut or seed butter, coconut butter, cacao nibs, granola, hemp seeds, coconut flakes, chia seeds…you name it!)
- Place all ingredients in a blender (add about ½ cup water to start).
- Blend and add more water if needed- consistency should be thick, but blended)
- Top with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!