Channeling my inner Donkey from “Shrek” and making some WAFFLES this morning in honor of Waffle Wednesday (although if we’re being honest here, Waffle Wednesday comes multiple times per week for me…not ashamed!).
Now, I’m 100% a morning person (just ask Jared), but sometimes, I need something a little more than just my regular ol’ sweet potato waffles to get my day started. Sometimes, I just need that extra kick, ya feel?
And so the Matcha Sweet Potato Waffles were born! So maybe I’m more ogre than donkey, or maybe it’s a perfect mixture of the two. Don’t be fooled by my hard outer shell, just peel back those layers, and you’ve got yourself a keeper with all of the sass and hilarious comebacks to boot (most of the time, I just end up laughing at my own jokes, but we’re beyond that!).
Anywhoodles, back to the waffles. So these guys are a mixture of fluffy, moist, lightly sweet (thank you white sweet potato!), soft, chewy, and oh so satisfying. Plus, you get an extra kick from the matcha. It’s a two-for-one deal that’s going fast! Not really, these babies are here to stay, but ya catch my drift!
The recipe is adapted from my original Sweet Potato Waffle recipe with just a few additions, so check it out if you’re looking for an extra boost and a switch-up from your normal brekkie routine!
Let me know if you try them and how they turned out! Happy Waffling!
Matcha Sweet Potato Waffles
- 1 baked sweet potato (I chose a white yam for this recipe, but any sweet potato will do!)
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop Further Food collagen (use BANANADIARIES10 for a discount!)
- ½ tbsp. fine ceremonial matcha
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat and grease waffle maker.
- Mash sweet potato with egg in a small bowl.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour batter onto waffle maker and cook according to waffle maker instructions.
- Plate and top with your favorite toppings!