So I may be in Italy right now, diving face first into una coppa di gelato (naturally), but before I left, I did a thing.
A banana [diaries] thing.
A (almost) paleo banana bread thing! This. Stuff. Is. INSANE!
Before leaving for Italy, I had to do a fridge clean out, and I just so happened to have three very ripe bananas. I also knew that being away from my kitchen for a week and still seeing everyone’s beautiful creations was going to be tough, so I had to get it all out before I left! Instead of looking up a recipe, though, I just decided to go with it (trusted my gut on this one 😉 ).
So this is literally a straight up, OG BD recipe (like every full recipe here) from the mind of Britt. I used a mixture of coconut and chickpea flour (the reason why it’s almost paleo haha!), and I think I’ll be using this combo more often! I also didn’t use any sweetener in it (yeah, you read that right: no sugar, maple syrup, honey, or stevia!), so bare with me, but I promise you won’t miss it!
Give it a go! Insider’s tip: slather on some walnut butter (I’m a big fan of Artisana). It’s a game changer!
(Almost) Paleo Banana Bread
- 3 very ripe large bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Combine mashed banana with ghee/oil and eggs in a small bowl.
- In a separate, larger bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Stir in banana mixture to flour until fully combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and place in oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.