To be honest, I’m still on that travel high from Italy. Over the course of five days, we ate our way through various types of pastas, alfredo, tomato sauces (each one was very different, believe me!), cheeses, and pesto.
Oh. My. Gosh. The pesto. Over gnocchi. To die for.
Well, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about the pesto I had while over there, so I had to give it a go myself.
Let me tell you, this one is a keeper!
Creamy, dreamy, garlicky, cheesy, savory, and reminiscent of a tiny little restaurant tucked away on a street corner, this has got to be one of the easiest and yummiest pesto sauces I’ve made to date!
And guess what? It’s dairy free too! Just an added perk for all of those who can’t tolerate dairy (I try to be accommodating, what can I say!) 🙂 Just take a look below and see what makes it so creamy and cheesy.
- 2 cups fresh organic basil
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup raw pine nuts
- ¼ avocado
- ½ garlic clove
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. Spread over bread, use as a pasta sauce, or add some vinegar and stir to make a vinaigrette!