The leaves are turning. The days are growing shorter. The air has that lovely earthy aroma that warms you from the inside out. Anddddd it’s still hot as summer in NYC.
They ain’t joking about that Indian Summer. It’s a thing!
So while I’m over here trying to build a leaf pile and go frolicking in my flannel and booties, the weather has some other ideas. But I believe you can have your cake and eat it too (actually, if you want to get real precise here, the phrase was originally “you can’t eat your cake and have it too,” but somewhere down the line of language evolution, the two clauses switched…linguistics nerd, can’t help it).
Enter in the cinnamon bun smoothie bowl. All of the delicious and warming flavors of fall in cooling and refreshing smoothie form. Take that, 80-degree heat wave!
Have this bowl as a snack, or throw in some extra collagen to make it a meal, and you’ve covered all your bases!
What’s in this bowl, you might ask? Cauliflower may think it’s the main star, but I’d say that coconut butter and cinnamon also share the lead role. I also added some sprouted almond milk for extra creaminess (coconut milk would work beautifully here as well), and marine collagen for some staying power. Topped with a few of my seasonal favorites too: roasted acorn squash, pomegranate arils, pecan butter (I love Georgia Grinder’s pecan butter!), and pumpkin seeds of course!
So whip up this smoothie, cool down, and grab a seat as we wait for the crisp autumn weather!
Cinnamon Bun Smoothie Bowl
- ¾ cup organic steamed then frozen cauliflower
- ½ tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tbsp organic coconut butter (I love Artisana Organics’ coconut butter- the best quality ingredients in all of their butters!)
- 1 cup sprouted organic almond or coconut milk
- 1 scoop Wild-Caught Marine Collagen (use code: “bananadiaries” for a discount at Further Food for your collagen!)
- Optional: ¼ frozen banana or ½ tsp ground stevia leaf (it should be green) for sweetness
- Toppings: roasted acorn squash, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, your favorite nut butter
- Place cauliflower and milk in a blend and process until completely smooth.
- Add in cinnamon, coconut butter, collagen, and sweeteners if needed.
- Blend until completely mixed.
- Serve and top with your favorite additions!