With the leaves finally changing in Brooklyn and the days getting shorter, I’m ready for all of the warming, hearty foods…something cozy and nourishing that fill up my belly and my soul! Thankfully, Whole Foods is having an awesome couple of sales this week, including avocados for $1 (yep, you read that right! STOCK UP!), fresh Atlantic cod for $8.99/lb, and 25% off of body care on Friday, October 6th!
As weird as it may seem, one of my favorite ways to be imaginative with recipes is using the sales at Whole Foods. It just further proves to me that the limit does not exist when it comes to creativity! So what can I make combining cod and avocadoes?
Coconut-flour rosemary crusted baked cod, cauliflower mash, and sautéed Swiss chard, all drizzled in a Thyme-avocado sauce of course!
Whether you’re a gluten-eater or completely paleo, this dish will satisfy everyone’s cravings, even the pickiest of eaters! Rosemary and thyme are also two of my favorite spices to use during the fall because they make any recipe just that much more lovely.
Along with the stars of the dish (cod, avocado, organic cauliflower, and organic swiss chard), you’ll need to make sure you have these staples on hand:
Organic Coconut Flour
Pastured Organic Eggs
Organic Grass-fed Ghee
Organic Coconut Milk
I’m also always about not spending ages in the kitchen (only on meal prep days!), so this dinner can be ready within 30 minutes! Pretty good, huh?
Alright kids, I’m going to go throw a big sweater on and cozy up with a good Halloween movie while eating this plate! Let me know if you give it a try J Enjoy!
Coconut-Flour Rosemary Crusted Baked Cod
- 8 oz Atlantic cod, in 2 fillets
- ½ cup organic coconut flour
- 2 pastured organic eggs
- 2 tbsp organic fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- In a small bowl, crack and whisk the eggs. Set aside for the dipping station.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, rosemary, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Dip one fillet of cod into the yolk and coat both sides.
- Then, move that fillet to the coconut flour mixture and coat both sides.
- Repeat steps 4. and 5. for the next fillet.
- Lay both fillets on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and let cook for 15-20 minutes, until the coconut flour starts to brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup organic grass-fed ghee, organic coconut oil, or organic EVOO, melted
- 2 tbsp organic fresh thyme
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until well combined.
- Store in the fridge up to 5 days.
- 1 organic head of cauliflower, washed
- ¾ cup organic full fat coconut milk or nut milk
- 3 tbsp organic grass-fed ghee
- Sea salt and pepper
- Using a medium saucepan, pour a little water into the pan and place cauliflower florets inside.
- Steam the cauliflower florets on medium-high heat, about 2-5 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is steamed, drain the florets and place them in a high-power blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Puree until smooth.
Thank you to Whole Foods for sponsoring this post!