Are you guys ready for this?
Yep, I went there, and I’m not going back.
I honestly was not expecting this batch (i.e., my first batch) to taste this dang good! Don’t you love it when you nail something on the first go-round? One day over the weekend, I just had an itch to bake, but me being lazy, I had no desire to follow someone else’s directions (might be my aversion to being told what to do…working on that haha!).
So I just threw in a few things that I thought would go together, hoping they worked out! It was my first time baking with a tea too, and I have to say, I was really pleasantly surprised. Teaonic is one of my favorite tea brands- all organic with the best sourced ingredients (and comes in glass bottles which are easily recyclable!).
The flavor I used was the Hair & Nails tea blend, but feel free to use any of their elixirs! They’re so delicious, caffeine-free, and are steeped with only organic herbs (no sweeteners, additives, or stabilizers!).
What else is in this bread, you ask?
Organic Almond Flour
Organic Free-Range Eggs
Organic Coconut Oil
Marine Collagen (I love Vital Proteins for my collagen! They also have a great beef collagen)
Organic Grade A Maple Syrup
Organic Vanilla Bean
A Pinch of Baking Soda
Pretty decent, huh? Give it a try, and let me know what you think! Feel free to tag me and use the hashtag #iyamlove 🙂
Paleo Lavender Tea Bread
- 1 ½ cups organic almond flour
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- 1/3 cup Teaonic Hair & Nails blend
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins marine collagen (optional)
- 3 tbsp organic Grade A maple syrup
- 1 tsp organic vanilla beans, scraped from a vanilla bean pod
- A pinch of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, tea, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla beans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, and collagen.
- Fold in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- In a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, pour the batter in and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.