Are the days feeling shorter or what!? It’s wayyyy too dark out to go for an early morning run, and now the sun is gone by 7:00 p.m. 😦 So that means that my daylight hours need to be a little bit more productive, i.e. not spent mostly preparing food!
For this week’s meal prep, I needed a solid protein source that I could have all week, was easy to whip together, tasted like fall, and didn’t involve breaking the bank. Thankfully, Whole Foods Market is having a sale this week on organic chicken breast for $4.99/Lb, organic seedless grapes for $1.69/Lb, and 365 Sparkling Water (2 for $6!), so I stocked up on these goods and went to work!
Honestly, chicken salad is so underrated, and when you throw in some grapes, it’s a whole new level! It’s sweet, it’s savory, it’s a little tangy, and oh so flavorful.
Spread some on a sandwich, scoop a little on top of your fall-themed salad, or smear a little on a paleo baguette like I did here, and you’re good to go!
All you need are these simple ingredients:
Organic chicken breast (prepare how you like- I like mine baked at 400F for 20 minutes with ghee/coconut oil and sea salt/pepper)
Organic Seedless Grapes (red, black, or green are fine!)
Plain coconut yogurt (almond-milk based or grass-fed plain unsweetened Greek yogurt is fine as well if you can do dairy!)
Apple Cider Vinegar
That’s it. I’m a big fan of simple recipes, can you tell? The key ingredient here is apple cider vinegar; it gives it a nice flavorful tang that many people can’t quite put their finger on, but it really makes the dish! It’s also a great party appetizer that’s quick and easy to prepare!
Check out the recipe below, and let me know what you think! I’d love to hear your variations on it as well 🙂
Paleo Chicken Salad
- 1 lb organic chicken breast, cooked simple
- 1 cup organic seedless grapes, sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened plain coconut yogurt (or almond milk yogurt or grass-fed plain unsweetened Greek yogurt)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 tsp organic ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Slice chicken breasts into cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt with the apple cider vinegar, celery, cumin, chives, and sea salt/pepper until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour yogurt mixture onto cubed chicken and mix until evenly coated.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Best served cool.
Thank you to Whole Foods for sponsoring this post!