If you saw my Instagram stories on Saturday, I was craving curry hardcore. And I had never craved it in my life! In fact, I always thought it was too hot and heavy (cue Seinfeld jokes here).
But here I was craving something warming on that chilly, rainy Saturday, and I didn’t question the craving- I embraced it!
As Jared can attest, I searched far and wide for a good curry (because in NYC, no one cooks, you just order in, right?) with no luck for what I was searching for. I don’t know why, but no menu sounded good! Or they just didn’t want to deliver to Brooklyn (because of course that would be too much to ask for to deliver across the river!). So I decided if I couldn’t find a good curry, I was going to make the curry!
And I did! Cue the best warming, nutrient dense, satisfying bowl of coconutty deliciousness that leaves you feeling comforted and refreshed with a kick of lime and light spice 😉 Side note, this is completely paleo and can be made vegan if you swap the ghee for coconut oil- enjoy!
Warming Thai Curry
- 1 can organic coconut milk (no gums, just water + coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp. organic curry spice (or a mix of turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, cayenne, cumin, coriander, black pepper will do!)
- ½ bsp.. ground organic ginger
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped rainbow carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lime, squeezed
- 1 tbsp. grass fed organic ghee or coconut oil
- Sea salt/black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the ghee on high until melted.
- Add garlic and sauté till golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium and add celery, carrots, spinach, and cauliflower rice to the pan, stir and cover.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes, then add ginger, sea salt, pepper, and curry spice.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add cooked spaghetti squash and more curry spice if needed.
- Cover and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove cover, reduce heat to low, and slowly pour in coconut milk. Stir until well combined.
- Let sit on low for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with parsley, soft boiled eggs, avocado, or more!