Hello, hello sweet friends! I’m in LA working Expo West for Mikey’s, but I thought I’d share with you one of my favorite paleo “oats” recipes made sweet with cinnamon + cauli + zucchini! I promise you, you won’t even know you’re getting in a full 2 cups of brekkie before you’ve finished your morning cup of joe 😉
It’s a super simple recipe that requires only six ingredients, and you don’t even necessarily have to chop your own veggies (but I do recommend it, because it tastes fresher!). What you can expect: good fats, yummy carbs, and lots of satiating protein. You can’t go wrong!
Skittish of having “sweet” veggies in the morning? Don’t worry, I’ve been there- aren’t veggies just supposed to be savory? With the recipe, you really won’t even notice! I triple dog dare you to give it a go hehe.
Let me know what you think by commenting below or on my Instagram post! Lots of love to you all!
Zucchini Cauli Oat-less Oats
- 1 cup cauliflower rice (can use from frozen)
- 1 cup shredded yellow or green zucchini squash
- 1 pastured organic egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp organic vanilla bean powder or a few beans scraped from the pod
- 2 tbsp-1/4 cup Imlak’esh Sacha Inchi powder (or your favorite protein powder)
- Ghee/coconut oil for greasing skillet
- Heat a medium skillet with ghee/coconut oil on medium
- Add cauliflower rice to skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes, until lightly browned (this is to ensure the cauliflower is fully cooked when consuming to avoid any upset tummies)
- Once cauliflower rice is cooked, transfer the rice to a bowl and add zucchini, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, and Sacha Inchi/protein powder
- Stir and combine well, then turn the burner on medium and reheat skillet
- Add zucchini/cauli mixture into the pan and let sit like an omelet at first
- After a few minutes, give it a stir like scrambled eggs, cooking the mixture until it looks less wet and more firm, like scrambled eggs
- Transfer to a bowl, top with desired toppings, and enjoy!