Do you hear the birds chirping? See the flowers blossoming? The leaves finally budding? Yeah, me neither with this nor’easter that just hit NYC haha! But hey, at least we can still enjoy the tastes of spring, especially with the holidays right around the corner!
Yesterday during that snow storm, I did some serious recipe testing, and I came out with a winner!
Paleo Carrot Cake Bars!
Yep, these babies are perfect for Easter, Passover, or any springtime holiday and will be sure to be a crowd pleaser with all types of eaters! The best part is that you probably have all of these ingredients in your fridge (and pantry) right now! Check it out:
Almonds (to make almond flour- I used Nuts.com sprouted almonds!)
Ghee/Butter/Coconut oil (I use vanilla Fourth&Heart Ghee
I feel like I’m becoming notorious for omitting any kind of sweetener, save for cinnamon, but I truly don’t believe you need it! Not overpowering the other ingredients with sweetness allows the true flavors to shine through! So give it a whirl and let me know what you think 🙂 Oh, I also iced the bars with raw coconut butter mixed with cinnamon- uh-maze-ing!
Paleo Carrot Cake Bars
- 1 baked then cooled sweet potato, skin removed
- 1 cup shredded carrots, steamed
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almonds, pulsed into flour (I used nuts.com Sprouted Almonds)
- ¼ cup Fourth&Heart Vanilla Ghee, melted + more for greasing pan (or any cooking oil!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp All Spice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 eggs
- Icing: Artisana Coconut Butter + cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease 9×9 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potato and stir in carrot.
- Next fold in flours and spices and mix until well combined.
- Crack eggs and pour melted ghee into the bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Once completely baked, remove from oven, and while still warm, scoop coconut butter on top and spread like icing.
- Let cool completely, either in the fridge or freezer, before serving.