Are you guys ready for an easy-peasy frittata recipe that makes weekends (or meal prep) that much easier?!
Well, I hope you are because it’s coming at you anyways! I decided to make this baby on Saturday, just on a whim, because I was hardcore craving eggs, but not my typical go-to’s (sorry scrambled, poached, fried, and soft boiled! Nothing personal!).
The best part about this recipe- well actually there are a few “best” parts – but one of them is that it’s so customizable. I literally just took what I had on hand (not much since it was a Saturday and that’s our farmer’s market day!) and it worked! You will definitely need a few of your favorite spices, but I always keep those stocked up just because I know I’m super bummed if I ever run out!
The second best part about this is that there is no “perfect technique” required to get this right- all you do is whip the eggs with a spoon, pour into a skillet, and bake. That’s it. I bet even my college-kid brother could do this!
All you need on hand are:
Your favorite spices (I used cumin, turmeric, and rosemary- highly recommend that combo!)
Your favorite veggies/any on hand (I used mesclun + zucchini)
Ghee/Coconut oil for greasing the skillet
Yep, it’s that easy! Oh, and I also talked about meal prep- this baby can last you all week. Of course, I don’t think it will because it tastes that good- Jared and I devoured it within a day haha! But if you have the willpower, it will be good in the fridge for 4-5 day! Enjoy!
Easy-Peasy Brunch Frittata
- 8 organic, pastured eggs
- Your favorite spices (I used 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp rosemary)
- Your favorite veggies (I used 1 cup steamed mesclun, ½ cup sliced then steamed zucchini)
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Ghee/Coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease a medium cast-iron skillet.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and whisk together like scrambled eggs.
- Fold in spices.
- If you haven’t pre-cooked your veggies, I would suggest lightly steaming them. Otherwise, fold in your veggies to the mixture here.
- Pour mixture into the skillet and place in oven.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- *If it starts to bubble, place a piece of tin foil over it to allow it to continue cooking!
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and serve!