Decided to whip up a classic recipe over the weekend because who could ever turn down a classic? That’s why it’s CLASSIC, right? *hums “Baby You’re So Classic” to self*
I’m sharing these paleo, no-added-sugar, nut-free, flourless SEA SALT CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies with you today because they will knock your old cookie recipe off the plate! I swear, biting into these felt like I was transported back to childhood with a big glass of milk in front of me for dipping. Now that scene is a little bit different (I swapped in almond and coconut milk instead haha!), but it tastes just the same. You’d be hard pressed to tell the difference between a cookie made with flours versus a cookie made with plants!
Peep the recipe below and let me know what you think! Enjoy!
Paleo Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 large white sweet potato, baked, cooled, and skin removed
- 2 organic, pastured eggs
- ½ inch vanilla bean pod, seeds scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract…but this tastes better!)
- ¼ cup melted ghee
- ¼ cup melted coconut butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup Imlak’esh 100% cacao wafers (or your favorite chocolate chip!)
- 1 pinch sea salt (plus more for topping!)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash white sweet potato
- Add in eggs, cinnamon, vanilla been seeds, and sea salt, mixing until well combined
- Pour melted ghee and coconut butter into the bowl and mix until completely combined
- Fold in chocolate chips
- With clean hands, form about a tbsp. per ball and place on the baking sheet, giving them enough room to expand
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Remove from the oven, cool, and enjoy!