Where did springtime go?! I feel like we just skipped to summer in NYC! This warmer weather is definitely making me crave something refreshing and tropical (if I have to be surrounded by concrete buildings, at least I can close my eyes and pretend I’m on a beach haha!).
Enter in these paleo strawberry coconut bars that are just sweet enough from the natural sweetness in the coconut and strawberries, but still allow for all of the flavors to shine through. They taste like a virgin strawberry daiquiri in bar form to me! As soon as they were out of the oven, I topped with a little coconut milk ice cream and coconut flakes, and WOW was this a dream!
I highly recommend under-baking them too so that they’re a little gooey in the middle. The best part is that these were so easy to throw together! Literally 10 minutes prep time and then 30-35 minutes to bake! I also love how these are vegan-friendly, don’t require nuts (a.k.a. nut-allergy and AIP friendly!), and don’t use any added sweeteners, not even stevia! The entire sweetness comes from the natural sugars found in the sweet potato, strawberries, and coconut! How’s that for cool?
So let me know what you think below and how they turned out for you! Enjoy this beautiful weather too!
Paleo Strawberry Coconut Bars
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato, baked, cooled, and skin removed
- 2 eggs or 2 flax eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw organic coconut butter (I like Artisana Organics!), melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ inch of a vanilla bean pod seeds
- Coconut oil for greasing dish
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease 9×9 baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potato.
- Fold in eggs, coconut oil, and coconut butter.
- Next, mix in coconut flour, cinnamon, and vanilla bean seeds.
- Fold in the sliced strawberries last and pour batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve with coconut milk ice cream, nut butter, coconut flakes, and more berries!