This moist and decadent healthy pumpkin bread is bursting with pumpkin spice and chocolate chips, and layered with a chocolate pumpkin marbled swirl. Completely gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and can be Paleo! Perfect for all ages, and makes a great breakfast, snack, or healthy dessert!
- 1 3/4 cup cassava flour, 1-to-1 gluten free flour, regular all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/2 cup water (let sit for 5–7 minutes before beginning)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive or coconut oil, or unsweetened applesauce for oil-free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk, divided
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a 9″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and coconut sugar.
- Add in ground flaxseed “eggs”, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and olive oil or applesauce and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into two bowls. One bowl will be for the chocolate layer.
- Add cacao powder to one bowl, and 1/8 cup of coconut/almond milk to each batter. Mix thoroughly.
- Add half of the chocolate batter to the loaf pan, and then layer on with half of the pure pumpkin batter. Repeat until there is no more batter in either bowl.
- Run a knife through the top of the loaf pan to marble the bread slightly. Do not over mix, as this will ruin the marble effect. Less is more!
- Place the loaf tin into the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the loaf tin and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 slice made with olive oil
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 11.2 g
- Sodium: 92.2 mg
- Fat: 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.9 g
- Fiber: 6.8 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy pumpkin bread, vegan pumpkin bread, paleo pumpkin bread, paleo vegan pumpkin bread, chocolate marble pumpkin bread, chocolate chip pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice bread, healthy pumpkin recipes