This Paleo Banana Bread is so easy and delicious, yet tastes like a traditional version! Sweetened with banana, this gluten free banana bread can be vegan!
- 4 large overripe bananas
- 3 large flaxseed eggs or regular eggs
- 1/3 cup nut or seed butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (omit if using salted nut/seed butter)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 mixture paleo baking powder (see note), or 2 tsp regular baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan with either coconut oil or butter.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas.
- Add in eggs, almond butter, coconut flour, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda, and paleo baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- If using chocolate chips, fold in chocolate chips here.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and add banana coins on top if desired for decoration.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.
- To make paleo baking powder, mix 1 additional tsp baking soda with 2 tsp white vinegar in a small bowl. Let foam and add to batter.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 171.8 mg
- Fat: 8.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.4 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
Keywords: Paleo banana bread, vegan banana bread, gluten free banana bread, healthy banana bread, no sugar added, dairy free