Happy June, friends! Today I’m bringing you a completely paleo, completely flourless, optionally VEGAN…Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Dough Bar. Oh, and the only sugar that comes from these babies is from the banana and the sweet potato! What?!
These guys are SO doughy and sweet and yummy and EASY to throw together whenever you feel like it, but I will recommend that they’re perfect in the morning with some tea and yogurt or at night for dessert with coconut milk ice cream!
You only need about 7 ingredients, one bowl, and a smidge of patience to let these guys bake because man are they worth it!
Happy Baking and happy June!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Dough Bars
- 1 large Japanese or regular sweet potato, baked, cooled, and mashed
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 inch vanilla bean pod for seeds
- ½ cup 100% cacao wafers, broken, or your favorite chocolate chip
- 3 eggs or 3 flax eggs
- ½ cup melted raw and organic coconut butter
- ¼ cup melted ghee or coconut oil
- More ghee or coconut oil for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×9 baking dish.
- Mash sweet potato, banana, vanilla bean seeds, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, ghee/coconut oil, and coconut butter to the bowl. Stir thoroughly.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake 35 minutes.