Nothing beats the smell of banana bread right? I’ll be honest though, sometimes I have absolutely no desire for the mess and process of baking, and I really just want the yummy taste paired with the sweet aroma…I can be lazy too, ya know!
That’s how I was feeling last weekend! I had the completely browned bananas, all of the ingredients, and the tools, but I wasn’t about to go dirty more pots and pans (Sundays are my recipe testing days, and I had already been through a load of recipes haha!).
That’s when I realized I had the Birch Bender’s Paleo Banana Pancake & Waffle mix on hand! Let me tell you, this mix has more uses than just for a flapjacks morning! And because I’m a choco-holic, I decided to spin the mix to make it feel more homemade!
So I present to you Paleo Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins!
Ooey, gooey, and so freaking easy, it’s almost unfair! All you need is:
Birch Bende’s Paleo Banana Pancake Mix
That’s it! How easy is that? Plus it’s all one in under 30 minutes too! Not bad, huh?
Check out the recipe below, and happy baking!
Paleo Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Makes 6 bakery-style muffins
- 1 ½ cups Birch Bender’s Paleo Banana Mix
- 1 ripe banana (use half for the mix and half to top)
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- ½ cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large 6-muffin tin with muffin cups
- In a medium bowl, whisk together banana mix and cacao powder
- Next, add in mashed banana and water. Stir until well combined
- Fold in cacao nibs
- Pour about ¼ cup of the mix into each tin
- Top each muffin with a banana coin
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven, cool, and drizzle with almond butter, more cacao nibs, or coconut flakes!