Happy Monday, kiddos!
How was everyone’s weekend? It’ been smooth(ie) sailing since the start of 2018, knock on wood!
I’m kicking off the week with a new smoothie recipe that I’m rather stoked about, and with my new favorite protein powder by Your Super Foods.
This protein powder has quickly become one of my new faves: loaded with nutrient dense plants, full of clean protein, and rich in the highest quality ingredients. I think that’s what I love most about it- the founders, Kristel and Michael both truly care about making sure their products are packed with only the highest quality ingredients. I’ve honestly never seen such dedication and truly admire their commitment.
And with that, I want to share this beaut of a jar: Super Berry Ombre Smoothie!
Ever wonder how those chicks on Instagram make such beautiful and art-worthy smoothies? Well, it’s really not that hard, and I’m going to show you!
Not only that, but this smoothie is creamy, dreamy, slightly sweet, and very satisfying. It’s a very veggie dense smoothie that kept me full the entire morning, but don’t worry- I added in a little fruit for my sweet tooths out there 😉 Take a look at the recipe below, and let me know what you think!
Super Berry Ombre Smoothie
- 1-1.5 cups frozen cauliflower (steam then frozen if it upsets your stomach)
- ¼ frozen banana
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup spinach
- 3 tbsp Your Super Foods Skinny Protein Powder
- Toppings: coconut butter, nut butter, fresh fruit, cacao nibs, granola, etc!
- Pour about 1/3 of frozen cauli into the blender, along with frozen banana, cinnamon, and enough liquid to make the smoothie blend.
- Blend and then pour into a glass.
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
- Pour another 1/3 frozen cauli into the blender, along with ½ the amount of strawberries, and enough liquid to make the smoothie blend.
- Blend and while the blender is on (lid on as well!), remove the glass from the freezer.
- Pour the pink layer on top and then place back into the freezer while you prepare for the last layer.
- Pour the remaining cauliflower, spinach, and the remaining strawberries in the blender.
- Add in the remainder of the liquid along with the Your Super Food Skinny Protein Powder into the blender.
- Blend and while the blender is on, remove the glass from the freezer again.
- Pour the green layer on top.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!