A sweet potato based paleo birthday cake that takes like funfetti!
- 2 extra large Japanese sweet potatoes (skin removed, pre-baked, and mashed)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Artisana coconut butter (melted)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla bean powder OR 1 inch seeds scraped from vanilla bean pod
- 1/2 cup 100% chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup organic sprinkles
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp Artisana coconut butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder OR 1 inch seeds scraped from vanilla bean pod
- 1 tsp ground green leaf stevia
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a round cake pan with parchment paper and coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potato, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla bean.
- Add in coconut butter and stir in well.
- Add in optional toppings.
- Pour ingredients into cake pan and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, combine in a small bowl all ingredients for the frosting.
- Store in the fridge to thicken while the cake is cooling.
- Frost the cake and serve!