Soft and chewy cut-out Paleo sugar cookies that no one will know are completely gluten free, dairy free, and vegan! Made with cassava flour and almond flour, these easy sugar cookies are so much fun for the holidays!
Paleo Vegan Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
- 3/4 cup cassava flour (or gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour if not doing Paleo)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, softened
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed with 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 tsp almond extract
Regular Icing (non Paleo)
- 2 tbsp almond or coconut milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Use a hand mixer to whip the vegan butter and sugar together until creamy and smooth.
- Add in the vegan flaxseed egg and vanilla extract (also optional almond extract), and sift in the flours.
- Continue to beat all of the ingredients until it’s a sticky dough.
- Form the dough into a flat disk, and place it into plastic wrap, wrap it up and place the dough into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- When the dough is ready, lightly dust a clean surface with either cassava or almond flour, as well as the rolling pin, and a little flour on top of the dough disk.
- Roll the dough out to be about 1/4″ thick.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters and press them into the dough. Peel away the dough scraps and repeat for any remaining dough.
- Place the cookies into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes, and preheat the oven to 350F as the cookies are chilling.
- Bake the cookies at 350F for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly puffy and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet. Place the cookies into the fridge to speed up cooling time so that you can ice them.
- When the cookies are ready to ice, you can either melt together the coconut butter and maple syrup for a Paleo icing or mix together the powdered sugar and almond milk. Place the icing into an icing bag or spread directly onto the cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 sugar cookie, no icing
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 30.7 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: paleo sugar cookies, vegan sugar cookies, easy sugar cookies, cut out sugar cookies, Christmas sugar cookies