This overnight French toast casserole is incredibly easy and perfect for your next brunch get together! Dairy free, gluten free, and refined sugar free modifications available!
- 1 loaf favorite bread, day old or very sturdy
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil or butter for greasing
The night before:
- Grease your large baking dish with either coconut oil or butter and set aside.
- Slice your bread into 8+ thick slices and arrange the bread on slice on top of the other. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt together.
- Pour mixture over the bread, making sure to hit each slice.
- Flip each slice over in the dish to soak up the remaining mixture, making sure each slice is evenly coated.
- Arrange how you’d like to display the slices, cover the dish, and place in the fridge to sit overnight.
The morning/day of:
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Remove your casserole from the fridge and make sure that it’s covered in tinfoil.
- Place casserole into the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup, butter, ghee, or whipped cream and berries. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: French toast casserole, French toast, brunch, healthy, dairy free, refined sugar free