This easy and quick Paleo pizza crust is completely yeast free, made in under 20 minutes, and has a vegan option! Made with sweet potato, it’s kid-friendly and the perfect base to your favorite pizza!
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato, baked, mashed, and skin removed
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs, or 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup-2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (not tin foil, as your crust will stick to this). Sprinkle a little extra coconut flour so that the crust does not stick.
- In a large food processor, puree mashed sweet potato until smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except for the sauce, mozzarella, second portion of sea salt, and basil.
- Process until it’s a sticky and doughy batter.
- Take your paleo pizza crust dough ball and place it on your baking sheet. Either using a rolling pin or your hands, press the dough into a rounded oval shape. Make sure that the crust is even throughout.
- Place paleo pizza dough into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with desired pizza toppings (pizza or marinara sauce, mozzarella, basil, and additional sea salt).
- Place back into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is just starting to bubble.
- Let cool a little before slicing and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 slice with cheese and sauce
Keywords: paleo pizza crust, paleo pizza, pizza margherita, easy pizza crust, gluten free pizza crust