Ooey gooey vegan chocolate chip pumpkin cookies that are gluten free and low in sugar for a delicious fall treat!
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (can sub in honey)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (can use a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cardamom)
- 2 tbsp cashew butter (can sub in another nut or seed butter)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean seeds or 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp potato starch
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all dry ingredients (flour, spice, sea salt, baking soda, potato starch).
- Add in all wet ingredients to dry and combine thoroughly.
- Fold in chocolate chips (add more if desired), and cover the bowl before placing the fridge.
- Chill dough for 20 minutes and turn on the oven to preheat to 350F.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll into small 1-inch dough balls onto a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.