Gooey and fudgey paleo vegan and sugar free pumpkin brownies that are the perfect healthy fall treat and only use 7 ingredients!
Hello, October! Can you believe we only have 92 days left of 2018? I feel like that went a little fast, right? I’m not too upset because as you know, this time of year is my FAVORITE time of year. I mean, I have the best line up. September is my birthday, October is Halloween, November Thanksgiving, and we round out the year with Christmas in December! I mainly love this year because I feel that the spirits start lifting up a little more. People are nicer, more giving, more playful, and more imaginative. It’s a beautiful time, right?
SO I wanted to officially welcome October in the only way I know how: BAKING WITH PUMPKIN! I decided to take my old layered pumpkin brownie bars and essentially mesh them into one, and man it turned out right! I was really hoping it would because I was honestly winging it, and you know how that can go with me haha!
What I love about these guys is that they’re completely paleo, easily made vegan, and don’t have any added sugar, not even coconut! The only sugar content comes from the sweet potatoes, which have natural fructose in there! And yet, they some how taste incredibly sweet! I always have to wonder, did I douse my sweet p’s in sugar before I made them? Ha! No! They just caramelize when you bake them!
That’s a big tip I have: BAKE YOUR SWEET PS! Don’t boil. Don’t steam. BAKE! You can thank me later 😉 The only ingredients you need are:
Extra large sweet potatoes
That’s it! Easy enough, right?
Did you like this recipe?! If so, let me know by sharing it on Instagram, commenting down below, or pinning it to your recipe page on good ol’ Pinterest! Be sure to tag me @the_bananadiaries and use the hashtag #iyamlove so that I can see your beautiful creations!
Healthy pumpkin sweet potato brownies that are 7 ingredients and completely paleo, vegan, and sugar free!
- 1 extra large sweet potato (skin removed, baked, & cooled. I love the Japanese or hannah!)
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (melted)
- 3 flax or regular eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for greasing pan)
- 1/2 cup 100% dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 9×9 pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mash together sweet potato and pumpkin, along with spices.
- Add in eggs, coconut butter, cacao powder, and chocolate chips if using.
- Pour batter into the pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve with coconut milk ice cream!
- Category: Dessert