Healthy Red Velvet Cookies topped with organic white chocolate chunks for the most delicious and soft holiday cookie! Made without any funky dyes, they’re perfect for a cookie exchange or Santa!
- 1 1/2 cups organic spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup organic grass-fed butter, unsalted (room temp)
- 1 large egg (room temp)
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar or coconut sugar (*See note)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup beet juice from Love Beets
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a cookie sheet with butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cacao powder, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, eggs, sugar, beet juice, and vanilla using a hand mixer.
- Pour wet into dry and fold together. Finally, fold in white chocolate chips.
- The dough will be a little sticky, so place into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Roll into tbsp dough balls and place at least an inch away from each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- *using coconut sugar will make the cookies look more chocolate than red because of the natural brown color of coconut crystals. If you using cane sugar, they will be red. However, both versions taste like red velvet!