This healthy zucchini banana bread is an absolutely dream! Easy to make, this low fat banana bread is completely refined sugar free and can be made gluten free! This will become your new breakfast or dessert staple!
- 1 1/2 cups organic flour, sub GF cup-for-cup flour blend for gluten free
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1/2 large zucchini)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed, mixed with 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a 9″ loaf pan with olive or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash together bananas and combine with zucchini.
- Add in maple syrup, apple sauce, vanilla extract, and flaxseed. Mix until well combined.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and combine until thoroughly mixed.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and top with bananas if desired.
- Place banana bread into the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Method: baking
Keywords: banana bread, healthy, gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, low fat, oil free, zucchini