The easiest instant pot zucchini oatmeal recipe made from rolled oats and packed with over 17 grams of vegan protein! The perfect quick healthy breakfast!
- 2 cups gluten-free sprouted rolled oats (you can use steel cut, see note)
- 6 tbsp pea protein
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups dairy-free milk (I recommend oat milk)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Desired toppings (banana, nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, nut/seed butter, coconut flakes, dried fruit)
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Sauté the oats: In your Instant Pot (while it’s turned off), add the melted coconut oil to the pot and lightly brush it around the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add in the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pea protein, and turn the Instant Pot on to “sauté” mode. Lightly toss the oats for 2 minutes on “sauté” mode then switch the Instant Pot off.
- Wait 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to cool. This is crucial, as when you add in the liquid, you don’t want it to spray up into your face.
- Add in the wet ingredients: add in the dairy-free milk, zucchini, maple syrup, and vanilla to the oats, and lightly stir together until evenly distributed.
- Secure the lid and switch the Instant Pot to “High Pressure” and set the time to 2 minutes (see note for steel cut cooking time). Please do not set it for any longer, as you’ll burn your oats. Make sure that the pressure valve is set to “closed.” Let the oats cook as the Instant Pot preheats then cooks.
- As soon as the 2 minutes are done, do not let the oats sit in the “keep warm” mode. This will also burn your oats. Once the cooking is done, turn the Instant Pot “off” and release the pressure valve.
- Once the valve has completely released the pressure, you can safely remove the lid. Give the oats a quick stir and plate.
- Top with your desired toppings or save several servings as a healthy meal prep breakfast!
For steel cut oats: increase the cooking time to 4 minutes and follow the remaining directions.
- Serving Size: 1 large cup, no toppings
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 11.9 g
- Sodium: 95.5 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.1 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 17.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: zucchini oatmeal, healthy oatmeal recipe, instant pot oatmeal, vegan oatmeal recipe, protein vegan oatmeal, zucchini recipes