These fudgey Paleo chocolate brownie cookies are packed with decadence, chocolatey richness, and sweetness while being completely gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free! Easy to make and even easier to eat!
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup 100% cacao chocolate chips (or your favorite chocolate chips!), plus extra for filling
- In a small bowl, whisk together cassava flour, cacao powder, and sea salt, then set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or via stovetop, heat just the chocolate chips until they’re completely melted and smooth (about 1 minute in the microwave then stir until completely melted).
- Let the chocolate cool while you combine the remaining wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat together the coconut sugar, eggs, softened butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Once the chocolate is cool enough (you just don’t want it to cook the eggs!), pour the chocolate into the wet ingredients and continue to beat the mixture again until completely combined.
- Sift in the cassava/cacao powder mixture and continue to beat the batter until it’s completely combined.
- Add in extra chocolate chips here if desired and mix with a spoon. Then chill the cookie dough for 20-30 minutes.
- While the cookie dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When the dough is ready, use a cookie scoop or a spoon to form 1 tbsp sized cookie dough balls and place them onto the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies have set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before enjoying!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 54
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
Keywords: brownie cookies, paleo, gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free