Ooey gooey paleo Chocolate Peppermint Cookies that are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Full of chocolatey and peppermint flavor, these cookies are refined sugar free, dairy free, and gluten free, with a vegan option!
- 2 large eggs (swap in flax seed eggs for vegan)
- 2 cups almond flour (sifted)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (sifted)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (room temp, not melted)
- 3 tbsp almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 1 tsp peppermint extract or essential oil
- 2 tsp vanilla bean powder or extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, and cacao. Whisk together then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, peppermint, and vanilla.
- Slowly fold wet ingredients into dry, and mix until well combined.
- Add in the coconut oil (NOT melted) and using a hand mixer, beat coconut oil into the batter.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Wrap cookie dough in plastic wrap and chill for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge and roll into about 28 tbsp-sized dough balls. Flatten the top with a spoon to expand.
- Bake for 10 minutes then let cool.
- Enjoy with a glass of coconut, almond, or regular milk!