Easy and delicious Paleo coconut shrimp with a traditional orange sauce that is undetectably healthy and Whole30 friendly! With no sugar added, the orange sauce is absolutely delicious and the coconut shrimp are perfect for your next summer cookout!
Paleo Coconut Shrimp:
- 1lb wild caught shrimp, deveined and raw
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Apricot Orange Dipping Sauce:
- 3 apricots, sliced and pit removed
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp chili threads
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
Make the orange dipping sauce 2-3 hours before the shrimp.
Paleo Coconut Shrimp (Whole30):
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut flour and sea salt.
- Beat the eggs in another medium bowl and place next to the coconut flour mixture.
- Arrange the coconut flakes in another medium bowl and create a dipping station: first coconut flour, then eggs, then coconut flakes.
- Taking one shrimp, fully coat it in the coconut flour, then dip into the beaten eggs, and finally into the coconut flakes. Place onto a plate for sautéing once all shrimp are done.
- Repeat for the remaining shrimp.
- Heat a large skillet with coconut oil and minced garlic, sautéing for a few minutes, and place 5-6 shrimp onto the pan at once. Cook for about 3 minutes on medium heat and then flip to cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat for the remaining shrimp and add skewers if desired.
- Serve with orange dipping sauce.
Orange Dipping Sauce:
- Heat apricots and water in a small sauce on medium heat and cover.
- Once it boils, bring it to medium-low and let cook for 10-15 minutes or until apricots are fully cooked through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then place into a food processor or blender and puree the apricots.
- Add in maple syrup, chili threads and coconut aminos.
- Puree again and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Serve cold with coconut shrimp.
Keywords: coconut shrimp, Paleo, Whole30, nut free, healthy, no sugar added, soy free