Paleo pumpkin pie made with real and simple ingredients. This is the perfect star dessert for any Thanksgiving table, especially with a dollop of coconut cream on top!
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 1/4 cups coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp flax seed + 4 tbsp water (or sub in 1 egg)
- 16 oz pumpkin pie puree (not filling)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice blend ((blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and allspice))
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9″ pie pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine all pie crust ingredients until it is a large dough ball.
- Press the dough into the pie pan and spread with your fingers up the walls of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, making sure that the top part of the crust doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven (keeping the oven on), and set aside. Raise the temperature of the oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all pumpkin filling ingredients.
- Pour pumpkin filling into the middle of the pie crust and place into the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350F and bake for another 35-40 minutes, until the middle is completely cooked.
- Serve with homemade whipped cream and enjoy!