This is the recipe you’ve all been waiting for. (Or at least I have lol).
Paleo Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls.
I’m not even kidding, these taste just as magical as a standard cinnamon roll, but they’re nut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free, but full on taste, deliciousness, satisfaction, and sweetness.
To my new readers, yes, I know I said a lot of –free’s in the last statement. That’s not to say that any of those things are bad- good quality gluten is fantastic, my blog is freaking called “The Banana Diaries” so I love a little sweet here and there, and your girl can definitely get down with some good quality ice cream (my stomach won’t like me for a few hours, but hey I make sacrifices haha!). I make recipes like this so that everyone can enjoy, and believe me, everyone will enjoy these little rolls of cinnamon perfection!
Food should be celebrated, not feared, so I’m celebrating the fact that these are moist, warm, gooey, sweet, satiating, and deliciously satisfying all made with real foods. What’s not to love about that?
Plus they’re easy peazy! Hosting brunch is stressful enough, why make the food even more so? Mix ‘em, roll ‘em, slice ‘em, and bake ‘em. That’s basically it!
Enjoy, sweet friends!
Paleo Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 ½ cups Sweet Potato Flour (I use this brand– it’s dehydrated sweet potato ground up!)
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 tsp Stevia, ground from the leaf (I like Mountain Rose Herbs’ Stevia!)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup Fourth & Heart Vanilla Ghee, melted
- 1/3 cup Eating Evolved Roasted Coconut Butter unsweetened, melted
- 1 ½ tbsp Ground Cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup Artisana Organic Raw Coconut Butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 F and grease a medium baking dish with ghee or coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sweet potato flour, coconut flour, stevia, baking soda, and 3 tsps ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, water, apple cider vinegar, and ghee.
- Fold in liquid to flour mixture and mix until completely combined. Depending on how thick your dough is, add in more water until it is not crumbly.
- Refrigerate dough for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is cooling, mix together roasted coconut and the remaining cinnamon. You want a liquid consistency.
- Remove dough from the fridge and line a cutting board or your countertop with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough until it’s a large rectangle.
- Spread the coconut butter cinnamon mixture over the dough, and make sure it touches the edges.
- From the longest side, start rolling the dough delicately towards you, making sure to mend the dough together if it breaks.
- Once completely rolled, make ½ inch – ¾ inch slices with a super thin knife or a string.
- Place rolls in the baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, until slightly doughy but lightly browned on the edges.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle on raw coconut butter, and serve!