The only Paleo vegan brownies you’ll ever need! Ultra rich and fudgy, these nut free brownies are the perfect squares of decadence and indulgence while being allergy friendly!
- 4 tbsp ground flaxseed with 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder or Paleo baking powder*
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup 100% cacao chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 6×9 or square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground flaxseed with the water and let sit for 5-7 minutes to activate.
- Next, add in the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract to the flaxseed mixture, and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Sift in the cassava flour, cacao powder, and baking powder to the bowl, and begin to fold the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Add in the maple syrup half way through this mixing process to aid in mixing the dry into the wet.
- Add in the chocolate chips last and fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter (it should be thick) into the baking sheet and place into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
*To make Paleo Baking Powder, combine 2 tsp baking soda with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar.
Keywords: paleo vegan brownies, healthy vegan brownies, paleo brownies, nut free paleo brownies