The Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies
The only Paleo vegan brownies you’ll ever need! Ultra rich and fudgy, these nut free brownies are the perfect squares of decadence and indulgence while being allergy friendly!
- Author: thebananadiaries
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 tbsp ground flaxseed with 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder or Paleo baking powder*
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup 100% cacao chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 6×9 or square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground flaxseed with the water and let sit for 5-7 minutes to activate.
- Next, add in the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract to the flaxseed mixture, and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Sift in the cassava flour, cacao powder, and baking powder to the bowl, and begin to fold the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Add in the maple syrup half way through this mixing process to aid in mixing the dry into the wet.
- Add in the chocolate chips last and fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter (it should be thick) into the baking sheet and place into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
*To make Paleo Baking Powder, combine 2 tsp baking soda with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar.
Keywords: paleo vegan brownies, healthy vegan brownies, paleo brownies, nut free paleo brownies