Healthier Paleo Vegan Molten Lava Cake for the ultimate Valentine’s Day dessert! Completely nut free, gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free, this is the best flourless lava cake recipe!
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil, separated
- 2/3 cup Paleo vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1 tbsp cassava flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup Paleo vegan chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 425F and prepare your ramekins with 1 tbsp melted vegan butter and 1 tbsp flour.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the vegan butter or coconut oil until melted and hot. Add in the chocolate chips and stir until melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the applesauce and coconut sugar until well combined.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and fold the chocolate into the applesauce coconut sugar mixture.
- Add in the cassava flour and mix until there are no more clumps.
- Fill the ramekins 3/4 of the way full with batter. Add 1 heaping tbsp of chocolate chips into the middle of each bowl.
- Add the remaining batter on top, and place the ramekins onto a baking sheet and into the oven to bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the middle just begins to set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool and set for 10 minutes.
- Use a knife to run along the edges of the cake (use oven mitts if the ramekins are hot) and flip over gently onto serving plates.
Keywords: vegan molten lava cake, paleo lava cake, healthy lava cake, best flourless lava cake