This paleo lasagna tastes just as delicious as the traditional, but it’s paleo, Whole30 compliant, dairy free, gluten free, and grain free!
- 2 extra large sweet potatoes
- 1 16 oz jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups roasted cauliflower (*pre-roast the cauliflower to your liking or see note below)
- 1 tbsp organic cashew butter
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 large onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup rosemary (de-stemmed)
- 1/4 cup thyme (de-stemmed)
- 2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup spinach
- Begin by washing the sweet potatoes and slicing them into 1/4″ thick rounds. Set aside
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil or cooking oil and sautéed the chopped onions until transparent.
- Add in ground beef and half of the herbs (rosemary, thyme, and parsley). Cook until just brown. Turn heat off and cover.
- In a large food processor, puree roasted cauliflower with coconut milk, cashew butter, the remaining half of each of the herbs (rosemary, thyme, and parsley), and 1 tsp of sea salt. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease a 10.5″x7″ baking dish with cooking oil.
- Place a layer of sweet potato rounds on the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- Begin to layer the sauce on next, followed by the ground beef, 1/2 cup of spinach, and then the cauliflower “cheese” sauce.
- You should have enough for at least two layers. Continue until you run out of ingredients. Make sure the last layer is the cauliflower cheese sauce, as this is the classic lasagna look.
- Place in the oven and bake for at least 45 minutes, or until the sauce starts to brown.
- If the sweet potato is still uncooked, cover and reduce the oven temperature to 250.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for 2-3 days or freezer for 1 month.
- You can roast the cauliflower however you’d like! I love tossing mine in olive oil with rosemary and sea salt, and roasting for about 45 minutes!
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Italian