One of my all time favorite treats growing up was my mom’s chocolate chip banana bread. From helping her make the bread to getting to smell the deliciously sweet aroma from the oven, that banana bread was a staple in my childhood. It certainly helped that bananas have been my favorite food since I learned how to speak (it was one of my first words haha!).
Of course, a lot has changed since then- we’ve all grown up and moved out, but nothing makes me feel quite at home, as does the smell of banana bread. Maybe that’s why I love cooking so much! There’s a comfort in it that brings me right back to that kitchen where so many memories were made.
As I’m not quite able to enjoy one of those slices of banana bread anymore due to health reasons, I decided to whip up something that still gave me that cozy feeling with a Britt twist.
Enter the Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Waffle! This has got to be one of my favorite waffle recipes to date- and you all know my love affair with the waffle maker! If you’re looking for the taste of banana bread that takes less than 10 minutes and can easily be created while in your pajamas, then this is your recipe.
All you need is the following:
Organic coconut flour
Organic free-range eggs
Organic cacao nibs
That’s it! Just 5 ingredients for a waffle in less than 10 minutes that’s also nut, dairy, and gluten free! I think that’s a win in my book 😉 As I’ve mentioned before, I definitely think everyone should eat to what feels right for him or her individually, but I like to make recipes that can fit everyone’s taste buds…I want everyone to feel included!
So check out the recipe below and let me know what you think! 🙂
Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Waffle
- 1 organic banana
- 2-3 tbsp organic coconut flour
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 2 tsp organic cacao nibs
- Ghee/coconut oil to grease your waffle maker if it’s not nonstick
- *Option* for extra protein, throw in a scoop of Vital Proteins!
- Preheat your waffle maker and grease it according to directions.
- Place all of the ingredients except for the cacao nibs into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove lid and add cacao nibs. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Once waffle maker is heated, pour batter onto the waffle griddle and follow directions of your waffle maker. I use the Presto, so it takes about 4-5 minutes until a waffle is ready.
- Remove from the waffle maker and top with your favorite toppings!