The best creamy and gooey cauliflower vegan mac and cheese that is completely dairy free, nut free, and gluten free! It’s the perfect kid-friendly dinner packed with nutrients!
- 2 boxes chickpea pasta (or your favorite GF pasta)
- 2 cups water
- 1 large head cauliflower (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 16 oz can light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 small white onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp mustard or dijon mustard
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt/pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 375 and coat chopped cauliflower in 1.5 tbsp olive/coconut oil, rosemary, and cumin.
- Roast for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- When the cauliflower is nearing the end of its cook time, heat up 1/2 tbsp cooking oil in a small sauté pan and cook garlic and onion together until translucent. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower into a large food processor and pulse until pureed.
- Place coconut milk, sautéed onion and garlic, mustard, turmeric, coconut aminos, and sea salt/pepper into the food processor and blend.
- Set sauce aside.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook pasta according to directions. Preheat oven again to 375F if you turned it off.
- Once pasta is done, strain pasta and pour into a large baking dish (about 9X12″).
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta and mix thoroughly until everything is coated.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until it looks crispy.
- Remove and serve warm!