Buttery and sweet easy vegan vanilla cupcakes with vegan buttercream that are outrageously fluffy and sweet, yet are completely Paleo, dairy free, gluten free, and refined sugar free! Add extra sprinkles in for fun and make these for birthdays, celebrations and holidays!
Paleo Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes:
- 1 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 3/4 coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened coconut or almond milk with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sprinkles (optional)
Vegan Buttercream Frosting:
- 8 ounces vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or 3 cups organic powdered sugar (non Paleo option)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–3 tbsp coconut cream or milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 12 tin cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Add in the applesauce, melted vegan butter, dairy free milk with ACV and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- Add in the optional sprinkles here if desired.
- Scoop batter and distribute evenly among 11-12 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before frosting.
- To make the buttercream frosting, beat the vegan butter in a large bowl. Add in 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time or the maple syrup all at once, and continue beating.
- Add in vanilla and a tablespoon at a time of coconut cream/milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Frost or pipe the frosting onto each cupcake and top with sprinkles if desired
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake no frosting
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 60
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 32
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 0
Keywords: vanilla cupcakes, vegan vanilla cupcakes, vegan, Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, vegan buttercream frosting