This is the best homemade bread that’s completely vegan and made with sprouted flour! Plus, it’s so easy to do on a Sunday morning!
- 3 1/2 cups sprouted wheat flour
- 1 packet active dry yeast (NOT instant)
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp oil for greasing bowl
- In a large bowl, add active dry years, 1 tbsp maple syrup and 1/2 cup warm water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Once the yeast is activated, add in about 1 cup of flour and mix. Add in remaining flour and water in increments, making sure to continue to knead with each addition.
- Add in salt last.
- Knead bread for 10-15 minutes.
- Grease the large bowl with cooking oil and place dough back into the bowl.
- Cover with a cloth and let sit in a warm environment for about 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Punch bread down (it should have risen to be twice the size) and knead again for another 5 minutes.
- When oven reaches temperature, place dough into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 35-45 minutes, depending on your oven (check at 35 minutes and see if it needs a few more minutes).
- Remove from the oven and let cool before slicing. Store in the fridge for 1 week or the freezer for 1 month.