These chocolate chip cookie bars are full doughy and sweet while also being gluten free and refined sugar free! Perfect for all sweet-tooths!
- 2 1/2 cups sprouted organic oats (divided; can sub in store-bought oat flour)
- 1 cup vegan butter (melted)
- 2 flaxseed eggs (sub regular if not vegan
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 bar Lily’s Sweets Baking Chocolate (can sub in your favorite chocolate)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- To make oat flour, pulse whole oats in a food processor for about 30 seconds or until a finally ground powder.
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 9×9 baking pan with butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups oat flour (reserve 1 cup of oat flour for chocolate layer), baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flaxseed eggs, 3/4 cup melted butter (reserve 1/4 cup for chocolate layer), vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Slowly pour in wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, break chocolate bar into pieces and melt for 60 seconds, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Remove from microwave, and in a small bowl, combine 1 cup oat flour, melted chocolate, and 1/4 cup butter. Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Pour 1/2 of the cookie dough layer into the 9×9 baking dish.
- Pour all of the chocolate layer on top and finish with layering the last of the cookie dough layer.
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top if desired and place in the oven.
- Bake for at least 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve!