This vegan sun-dried tomato pesto pasta is incredibly easy to make for a week-night meal or meal prep ahead! It packs in loads of flavor and protein for a well-rounded meal!
- 1 box chickpea pasta (or your favorite gluten free pasta)
- 1 16 oz jar crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup vegan pesto (see recipe link below)
- 1 tbsp dired oregano
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup chopped compari tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (rinsed)
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 pinch sea salt/pepper to taste
- To make the sauce, bring 1 jar of the crushed tomatoes to a boil in a small sauce pot. Reduce to a simmer and add in sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, rosemary, sea salt, and pepper.
- All this to simmer for 15-20 minutes to enhance the flavor.
- Then pour tomato sauce into a large food processor, along with vegan pesto, and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Now bring a small sauce pot filled with water (follow pasta package directions on ratios) to a boil. Add chickpea pasta once the water is boiling.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, heat up a large pan with 1 tbsp of olive or coconut oil.
- Add mushrooms first to the pan, and cook until lightly browned. Add in compari tomatoes, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and sea salt/pepper to taste.
- Sauté until done and remove from heat.
- Rinse and strain pasta, then pour it back into the sauce pot.
- Add the sauce from the food processor (to your liking, you may have extras for throughout the week!) and vegetables.
- Mix until well combined and serve!
- Vegan Pesto recipe here: https://thebananadiaries.com/vegan-pesto-zoodles/