You won’t believe how easy this 4 ingredient vegan Nutella is to make! Silky smooth, decadently rich and nutty chocolate hazelnut spread that’s made with simple dairy free ingredients and identical to the classic spread!
- 16 oz raw hazelnuts
- 1 5–ounce bar vegan chocolate, see note for Paleo
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line hazelnuts on a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Toast the hazelnuts in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes. This brings out their aroma and oils, making it easier to blend and also remove the skin.
- Once the hazelnuts are toasted, place them still warm into a clean kitchen towel, wrap them, and begin rubbing the towel over the hazelnuts to remove the skin. This helps to make a really smooth hazelnut butter. Don’t worry if not all of the skin gets off though!
- Place the hazelnuts without their skin into a food processor, and blend the food processor until the hazelnuts are semi-smooth, but rather clumpy.
- In a small bowl, melt the vegan chocolate in increments of 30 seconds in the microwave and continue stirring until the chocolate is completely smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into the food processor, and add the coconut oil and cacao powder.
- Puree the Nutella until it’s completely smooth and creamy (this step will take about 5 minutes, depending on the power of your food processor).
- Pour the vegan Nutella into an airtight jar and store on the countertop for up to 5 days or in the fridge for up to a month (but I doubt it will last you that long!).
Paleo option: I recommend using either Hu Kitchen for a Paleo-friendly vegan Nutella or Pascha Organics 100% dark chocolate chips. If you’re using Pascha and you don’t want it to be that bitter, add in a tablespoon of maple syrup!
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 4.9 mg
- Fat: 3.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.4 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan Nutella, homemade Nutella, healthy Nutella