These vegan carrot cake bars packed with spice and sweetness! They’re completely paleo, gluten free, and made with natural sweetener for a decadent spring dessert!
- 1 large sweet potato (baked then cooled, skin removed)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (steamed)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp all spice
- 2 tbsp ground flax or chia seed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3/4 cup coconut butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9×9 baking pan.
- In a food processor, puree sweet potato, carrots, coconut oil, and maple syrup together.
- Fold in flours, flax/chia, cinnamon, all spice, and sea salt.
- Pour batter into the baking pan and bake for about 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. You can even place in the freezer to cool down even more before layering with melted coconut butter.
- Spread coconut butter on top of bars and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired!