This healthy vegan paleo double chocolate banana bread is moist and sweet without any added sugar! Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert!
- 1 large sweet potato (baked, cooled, skin removed)
- 4 large bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond or walnut butter (can sub in sunflower butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1.5 tbsp ground flax/chia seed
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 mixture 2 tsp baking soda + 1 tbsp lemon/vinegar (can sub in 1 tbsp baking powder)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mash together 3 of the 4 bananas (save the 4th for topping the banana bread). Add in sweet potato and mash all together until well combined.
- Add in coconut milk, nut butter, and vanilla extract to the banana sweet potato mash, and mix until well combined.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips and whisk together.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour batter into the banana bread pan.
- Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips if desired and top with banana.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!