This simple vegan sweet potato chocolate mousse is super decadent and rich, yet made with just sweet potatoes, cocoa powder, vanilla, and a pinch of sea salt! No sugar added, yet perfectly sweet and indulgent, this is the easiest healthy chocolate mousse recipe ever!
- 3 cups baked sweet potato, see note
- 1/2 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup coconut cream (if you want a less rich mousse)
- Place sweet potatoes into a food processor.
- Process sweet potatoes until smooth and pause. Add in cacao powder, vanilla, and sea salt (and the additional coconut cream if desired). Process until smooth.
- Spoon into serving jars and add an additional dusting of cocoa powder if desired!
3 cups of baked sweet potato is approximately 2 extra large sweet potatoes (each 12 ounces) or 3 large sweet potatoes (each 8 ounces). To prepare sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400F and rinse sweet potatoes.
- Place sweet potatoes on tin foil and bake for about an hour or until completely soft.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 10.1 g
- Sodium: 201.8 mg
- Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.9 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sweet potato mousse, chocolate mousse, Paleo chocolate mousse, vegan chocolate mousse, healthy chocolate mousse