Challah French toast that’s sweet, doughy, and full of cinnamon flavor! A recipe passed down for a few generations, this French toast is the perfect weekend or holiday morning start!
- 3–4 thick slices Challah bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and whip together until air bubbles form.
- Add in almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla to the beaten eggs and whip together.
- Place one slice of challah bread into the egg batter and then flip and let soak for at least 2 minutes.
- While the bread is soaking, in a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- When the bread is ready and the pan is hot, place the bread onto the skillet and let cook for at least 3 minutes.
- Flip and let cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Repeat for the remaining slices.
- Top with maple syrup, extra cinnamon, powdered or granulated sugar, or pecans!