These chocolate vegan buckwheat crepes are gluten free and are filled with a dairy free vegan chocolate cream that melts in your mouth! These chocolate buckwheat crepes are also dairy free and refined sugar free!
Chocolate Buckwheat Crepes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (make sure it’s not toasted)
- 1 12 oz can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cacao flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp ground chia or flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for greasing pan)
- 1 large very ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup nut milk, coconut milk, or water (if using water, add in a tablespoon of coconut or nut butter for creaminess)
- 1.5 bars chocolate (I love Lily’s!) (melted)
- Extra melted chocolate for drizzling
- In a large bowl, whisk together buckwheat flour, cacao flour, ground chia/flax seed, and sea salt.
- Pour in milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until evenly mixed.
- Heat a large skillet with a little coconut oil and let the oil heat up.
- Reduce heat to low. Pour about 1/4 cup of the chocolate batter into the pan and spread around in a circle, about 7 inches.
- Bring the pan back to medium heat and let cook for about 1 minute. Flip onto the other side and cook for about 15 seconds.
- Remove from pan and place on a large plate. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- While the crepes are cooling, blend avocado and nut free milk or water together at high speed in a large food processor.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend together. The cream should be thick but goopy- resembling soft frosting!
- To assemble crepes: spoon chocolate cream frosting into a small plastic bag and snip a corner.
- In one crepe, squeeze one line of frosting straight and near one edge of the crepe. Roll the short side of the crepe towards the long side, like you’re rolling up a rug.
- Repeat for the remaining crepes and drizzle with extra melted chocolate!