This delicious healthy oatmeal recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. It’s an easy healthy breakfast that’s perfect for a chilly morning!
- 1 cup gluten-free sprouted oats
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (divided)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (I use olive or coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- The first step is to roast the chickpeas. To make them crispy, you need to remove the shell of the chickpea. Pinch the chickpea lightly at the bottom to push the chickpea out of its shell.
- Continue doing this for all of the chickpeas
- Coat chickpeas in cooking oil, curry powder, and 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- Place on baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- To prepare the oatmeal, place oats and coconut milk in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce boil, add sea salt, stir and cover. Allow the oatmeal to cook for 10 minutes.
- While the oatmeal is cooking, sauté the spinach, mushrooms, shallots, pepper, and sea salt in a little olive or coconut oil.
- Pour oatmeal into bowls and top with sautéed veggies and chickpeas.